Friday, October 5, 2018

Hello Cinephiles

"An extraordinary film is much more than the sum of its ingredients, often existing as much as a mixture of magic and chemistry as of qualitative critical strengths and easily definable points of interest."

-John Kenneth Muir, The Films Of John Carpenter-



Welcome to Cinematic Wonders.

I have been the proud writer of Musings Of A Sci-Fi Fanatic. I'm getting older. As I do I'm looking for other creative outlets perhaps slightly less taxing for any number of reasons.

The result of said brainstorm is here... Cinematic Wonders.

I've often been noted for having a visual eye with science fiction films and television on my original blog. Thus I wanted to create a more expansive, visual film outlet, a place where any kind of wonderful cinematic achievement for one reason or another could take residence with an emphasis on the love of the moving picture.

My desire quite simply was to make Cinematic Wonders a more visual creative space with regard to cinema. I wanted it to be a place to visit where images captured could lure in the viewer to a place of escape and wonder.

Nevertheless, I do have a tendency to talk and these very random feature films to be spotlighted here will not go without a word or two of commentary. My intent however is to post with a less analytical angle, and more with the heart and eye of the film fan. Images will be preserved with their original size taken for those who enjoy a delicious image.

I hope you enjoy the films I have loved. They were wonderful to me.

So again, welcome to Cinematic Wonders.

3 comments:

  1. Boy JD. I have always loved your film blog. You've been a bit of an inspiration there for me sincerely.
    I can't tell you how much your comment meant to me. Thank you. I'm going to try and stick with it when time permits. I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome, my friend! Your blog, in turn, has inspired me over the years.

    ReplyDelete

Crimson Tide (1995)

"I n the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself." H ollywood simply cannot help itself when it comes to expressing its lib...